What if you don’t have a UK guarantor?

What if you don't have a UK guarantor?
If you are a student or somebody with a very low income, you will be asked to provide a UK guarantor before taking one of our rooms. This is standard for all student landlords. A guarantor is somebody who agrees to pay your rent and any other liabilities if you can’t pay. This is a big responsibility so we require the person to be in stable full time employment, earning a reasonable wage and be permanently living in the UK.

Finding a responsible person in the UK can be difficult for some of our tenants so we’ve teamed up with Housing Hand who provide an insurance based guarantee scheme. That means that if you don’t have friends or family in the UK, they will act as your guarantor for a small fee.

For more information, please visit their website at housinghand.co.uk